Another Step Closer

Posted On 6:36 AM by Scott Costello |

I had a good time spending my memorial weekend with family and friends. Had a bbq to go to each day and got a chance to spend extra time with my wife because she took off work on Sunday and Monday. For those who haven't followed from the beginning, my wife and I work opposite hours so weekends are the only time we really see each other.

On to Rei news....

Saturday I got to meet up with the lead that called my mailers. Went to the house and had them show me around and asked them all about the house and their situation. A nice brother and sister who were in town to clean out the house after their mother had passed away. Here is what I found out...


  • Estated Property
  • Was a complete mess, with stuff all over the house.
  • 3 bedrooms and 1 bath
  • Nothing was owed on the house
  • The siblings wanted to get rid of it to avoid having to clean it up and do repairs in order to sell it (Motivation baby!)


I told them I'd stick them on the "excelerated" plan to try and get them an offer as quick as possible because the family was in town from out of state to clean out the house and all.

I contacted the Guys at NJQuicksell first, but I didn't hear from them for about a day. They usually respond very quickly, but I later found out they were away for the holiday weekend. So I put the lead out there to my meetup group and passed the contact info along to the first person who responded.

This is risky because I don't really know any of them from adam, and I could be passing the lead to a scum bag who is going to take advantage of me. I needed to move quickly so I took my chances. I probably should have discussed my referral fee before passing the info though. That is up in the air and I don't know what he is going to give me.

Anyhow, the guy went out and looked at the house on Monday and made them a cash offer. We are waiting to hear back from them. The investor also told me that is the exact type of house he looks for.

This is the closest I've come to a pay day so far and it has increased my confidence 10 fold.

I realize I didn't post my goals for the week just yet, I'll do so shortly. The holiday weekend put me off schedule.
| edit post
4 Response to 'Another Step Closer'
  1. Shae
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/05/another-step-closer.html?showComment=1243353117163#c7985319272729342914'> May 26, 2009 at 8:51 AM

    Scott, way to go!!! I'm really happy for you. You're so close to a payday I can smell it down here in Ft. Lauderdale :-) Considering you brought the investor the exact type of home he looks for, he'd be both a jerk and a fool to screw you over on this. Keep up the great work. Gotta love those mailers! I can't recall...were these mailers you were sending to owners of vacant properties? Out of state owners mailing list? Or something else?

     

  2. Scott Costello
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/05/another-step-closer.html?showComment=1243360487259#c3201599492557309836'> May 26, 2009 at 10:54 AM

    Thanks Shae, my mailers are to pre-foreclosures. But this particular call came from someone passing my card to their friend.

     

  3. Shae
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/05/another-step-closer.html?showComment=1243364813183#c6539385193685408888'> May 26, 2009 at 12:06 PM

    Great - those can be some of the best calls...already a warm referral. We've been making sure to tell as many folks as possible that we are real estate investors so that word of mouth will spread.

     

  4. Terry
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/05/another-step-closer.html?showComment=1243381149170#c5215778380741730596'> May 26, 2009 at 4:39 PM

    Good work Scott! Send an email if you want to talk about any deals - I am pretty close to you, here in Sussex Cty...terry@terryharrigan.com

    Terry.