Done, Done, Not done, not done, almost done

Posted On 10:27 AM by Scott Costello |

I've managed to get two of my goals done as of this post. I discussed the sheriff sale auctions in a previous post and yesterday I got a hold of the Daily record to hunt down the legal section. I found the section but didn't not find anything about probates or executors being appointed. Does anyone have a copy of one of the legal listings for this? I'd like to just see what it looks and sounds like. Is the best day for these sunday?

I have been working on my website a lot this week in order to get it done. While in the shower the other morning I came up with an idea to hold a REI Bloggy Awards. I'm going to set up voting on rei-links for different categories like "Best Wholesaler Blog" (we know who will win this, but it should be fun anyway). I'll open the voting next sunday. And the winner of each category will get a cool little trophy to stick on their blogs. What do you think? I think it's a good way to bring alot of people closer and get us all reading each other's blogs. The more people you know in the business the better!

I've asked a few more realtors about the Earnest Money deposit and they have come back with the same story. Although one said that at least I can write a check for each offer, but it won't get cashed until the offer is accepted. Only stipulation is that the check would have to be dated the same day as the date on the offer. I think this could work out. If I make multiple offers on the same day I only have to write one check.

My next push is to get MLS access. I need to build some relationships!

Enjoy the beautiful weekend...gonna be 80 on sunday here in Jersey!!
| edit post
3 Response to 'Done, Done, Not done, not done, almost done'
  1. Patrick Jeary
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/04/done-done-not-done-not-done-almost-done.html?showComment=1240595940000#c1086552293154785674'> April 24, 2009 at 10:59 AM

    It is good to get MLS done. Best wishes with your efforts to implement MLS.

     

  2. Steph
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/04/done-done-not-done-not-done-almost-done.html?showComment=1240633080000#c3782261515978221341'> April 24, 2009 at 9:18 PM

    I'm all for creating a community of REI bloggers- good thinkin... Got some ideas swirling around in my head, too. Maybe we can brainstorm sometime.

    As far as the mls goes- it makes life 10000X easier if you can get access yourself. Try to become an assistant, or get your license if you have to. It gives you a lot more leeway w the deposits, too.

    Have a great weekend,

    Steph

     

  3. Scott Costello
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/04/done-done-not-done-not-done-almost-done.html?showComment=1240884120000#c2311724014210262247'> April 27, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    Hey Steph,

    I'll shoot you an email sometime soon and we can throw some ideas back and forth.