paralysis by analysis

Posted On 5:20 AM by Scott Costello |

In my first post a few days ago I just wanted to get out all the thoughts and questions I had running through my mind. Now I will get down to business. I've been educating myself for over a year now in Real Estate Investing techniques and strategies and have still yet to take action. I know I know enough to get started but I just don't know where to get started. I have all this information in my head, I understood it, yet I am still confused as to what I should do first. My thought was to start to develop a marketing plan and I would go from there, but market to who?

Haha...as you can probably tell, I have a problem making up my mind. That is one skill I have to work on, it drives my wife crazy that I'm so indecisive. I think I need to come up with a business plan in order to give myself direction.

So this is the start of my action, no more paralysis by analysis....stay tuned
| edit post
2 Response to 'paralysis by analysis'
  1. Anonymous
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2008/07/paralysis-by-analysis.html?showComment=1216299060000#c1449199040440856482'> July 17, 2008 at 5:51 AM

    What area are you looking to invest? Buy and hold? Wholesale? Rehab and flip?

    Sounds to me like that needs to be your first step, figure out which one. Once you get that figured out then JUMP!!

    It sounds like you are ready.

     

  2. Scott Costello
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2008/07/paralysis-by-analysis.html?showComment=1216302600000#c5369124649171917225'> July 17, 2008 at 6:50 AM

    Thanks for the advice Jared

    My focus right now is on wholesaling. I need to build up some reserves before i think about doing anything else. I'd like to do some rehabs eventually as well as Cherry Pick some great rentals if I ever come across one.