Posted On 6:11 AM by Scott Costello |

Dave Ramsey
I've finally got'n to the point in the book where it's time to start taking action. My wife and I don't have a lot of debt, we've got student loans, two car payments and a mortgage. We don't carry any credit card debt from month to month so we are ahead of most people who would normally follow The Total Money Makeover program, but I want to get rid of ALL my debt. Dave recommends you list your debts in order from least to most. Then start paying off the lowest amount first. That is our student loan which current sits at about $2500. I'll report back on how this goes on a monthly basis. We should take care of this one quickly.

Probates
I've been trying to think of what types of leads would consistently supply me with deals and I keep coming back to probates. The average age in my farm area is 40 yrs old with a population percentage of 15% over 65 years old. Since most people who live in this area stay here, those people who are 65 bought back in the 60's and 70's and have A LOT of equity. My parents who live in town bought their house back in 1976 for 80k and the home is now worth 550k.

Many of these elderly folks are moving on in one way or another if you know what i mean (trying not to sound harsh)? Elderly people tend not to take care of their houses and thus makes it harder for their heirs to sell the place...enter me. Of the 5 phone calls I've gotten from my mailers, 3 of them have been from estate properties. This should tell me something and is why i've been trying to get to the court house for the probate leads.


Hacked Websites
As I mentioned in my weekly goals post, my two websites got hacked and some how they deleted them entirely. Just a warning for those who use Joomla to build webpages, be careful what extensions/plug-ins you use as some may have security holes that allow a hacker to break into your account. Joomla is a great tool and I will continue to use it, but I'll just be more careful and back everything up.

I've gotten the prelims of my sites back up and running. So take a look and if you have an suggestions drop me a comment.

JerseyRei.com
Rei-Links.com

Figured I'd do something new and list a few good blog posts that I've read in the past few days.

Lots of Investor Updates

Stop Work Order

Blogger tip: create a dropdown menu for your labels

Current Recession in Context
| edit post
3 Response to ' '
  1. Shae
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/06/dave-ramsey-ive-finally-gotn-to-point.html?showComment=1243957838908#c4010541172144576221'> June 2, 2009 at 8:50 AM

    Congrats on starting the Total Money Makeover! You'll knock out that remaining debt before you know it. I personally can't wait until I have a house free and clear of any mortgage :-)

     

  2. Scott Costello
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/06/dave-ramsey-ive-finally-gotn-to-point.html?showComment=1243962607507#c6526265614345424906'> June 2, 2009 at 10:10 AM

    I get giddy thinking about the day I have no debt.

     

  3. anita
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2009/06/dave-ramsey-ive-finally-gotn-to-point.html?showComment=1281348574200#c4801728832662255239'> August 9, 2010 at 3:09 AM

    This seems like the most comprehensive blog on this niche....
    education