Sent out Letters

Posted On 11:32 AM by Scott Costello |

This week wasn't my most productive weeks. I'm not sure what happened, I just think I didn't prioritize my time to well. Last night I did manage to finalize the letters for the vacant homes, re-found the owner's addresses and dropped the letters off in the mail today. They should be calling me by Tuesday at the latest ready to hand me the keys for cheap!!

I was going to write it out by hand, but then I thought of just getting a script font from online and using that. I'll post the font when I get home. I also fed some regular lined note paper into the print and printed the letter onto that. I then hand wrote the mailing addresses and dropped it into the mail.


Here is the letter that I sent out...

Hi



I’m sorry to contact you like this, but I wasn’t sure how else to reach you. This letter is in regards to the house you may own at 123 Main Pl, in Whippany. I enjoy taking my dog Jack for walks around different neighborhoods and on one of my walks I noticed this house and it appeared to be vacant.



I am looking to purchase a house in the area with in the next two months and would love to be able to talk with you about purchasing the property. I'm not sure if you tried to sell it in the past or the circumstances in which you become responsible for this house, but it must be a burden to maintain it. It's hard enough to keep up with the chores of your own house let alone one you don't live in. My friends have owned second houses down the shore and every other month they are traveling 2+ hours just to check on the pipes in the winter, air the place out or just make sure nothing was stolen. They would much rather be spending time with their family then keeping tabs on their second house.

When a house is vacant, it is very susceptible to looters who can steal the copper wires as well as the furniture and appliances. Worse yet is that the pipes could freeze over the winter and cause thousands of dollars of damage and make the house harder to sell, losing you money. A little know fact is that homeowners' insurance policies typically require that the owner live in the house.


I would like the chance to talk with you about buying this property. If we agree to a fair price, I can purchase your house in as-is condition and in a matter of weeks.


So please contact me as soon as possible.



Best Regards,


Scott Costello

Cell: 973-476-0684

Home: 973-206-1430

Email: sjcostello@gmail.com



P.S. I've identified a few other houses I am interested in and expect to hear back from them shortly so my interest in the house is short term


P.P.S Even if you are not interested in selling now, I've included my business card for you to hold on to in case you change your mind.


P.P.P.S If you know of anyone else who needs to sell a house quickly, I will pay a referal fee of $1000 if I buy it.
| edit post
3 Response to 'Sent out Letters'
  1. Donald Stevens
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2008/11/sent-out-letters.html?showComment=1226773080000#c5877087563219318468'> November 15, 2008 at 10:18 AM

    Do you work with an insurance agent that specializes in insuring homes that are vacant, being rehabed, or used as investment properties. We specialize in vacant and investment property insurance and would love to be a resource for you. Please visit us at http://www.getgliga.com

     

  2. Scott Costello
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2008/11/sent-out-letters.html?showComment=1226948280000#c1092999098043811554'> November 17, 2008 at 10:58 AM

    Thanks Donald, I will keep you in mind when the need arises.

     

  3. Anonymous
    http://sjcostello.blogspot.com/2008/11/sent-out-letters.html?showComment=1230718920000#c3644654871862542224'> December 31, 2008 at 2:22 AM

    In the UK, a sharp drop in rents will result in at least a 16% decline in capital values in 2009 and a further drop of up to 10% in 2010. To sell a house quick these days is very hard unless the seller is willing to accept a heavily discounted price. The worst is yet to come.